Air Beam technology has become a mainstay of the US military.
Europe has been an early adopter of “air beam” technology in camping gear, switching from traditional pole tents to inflatables for speed, convenience and durability.
Air beams are manufactured by continuous braiding or weaving of a high-strength 3-D fabric sleeve to provide structural strength over an air-holding bladder.
- What results is a smooth, durable and seamless tube anywhere from 5-100 cms in diameter set at different pressures, depending on the support needed.
- Each collapsible tube has a built-in valve for a fill-up from a pump or air compressor modified with an automatic shut-off.
- By changing design parameters, the air beam shape can be modified for different products.
- Air beams come in small, lightweight packages.
- Air beam tents range from small to large shelters and shelter complexes and can be set up quickly and with fewer personnel than metal frames.